Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s my best option on suspension upgrade on s6 (c4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s my best option on suspension upgrade on s6 (c4)

Hello just after a bit of advice really love the smooth standard ride of my s6 but when it gets to the twisty stuff it just lets it down. What are my options on upgrades without making it a back breaking ride. (still on standard wheels and tyres)

Cheers Slim

pm mcandmar, whatever is on their car is perfect IMO.
    I'd suggest modifying the exhaust to stop it scraping the ground a the subframe area i you're lowering it.
    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by slim100s4 View Post
      Hello just after a bit of advice really love the smooth standard ride of my s6 but when it gets to the twisty stuff it just lets it down. What are my options on upgrades without making it a back breaking ride. (still on standard wheels and tyres) Cheers Slim
      92 spec springs lower and stiffen the car without lowering it to the point that you need to watch out for speed bumps (so much) and you need camber plates.

H&R V8 lowering springs (linear) have kept some people happy. Needs lowering shocks and work on the camber plates to bring it into spec.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Bilsteins and H&R springs, surprisingly comfy as the same setup on an S2 is intolerable. Only down side is the lower ride height so you have to judge you speed over speedramps just right or it bottoms out at the rear coming off them, and in our case the tow bar hits the ramp with a thud. And the small metal ones you need to creep over or it will come down on the exhaust system around the cats. But i guess thats to be expected when you lower any car. Were also running the original wheels/tyres which i think are 225/50x16's or something like that.

Having driven Shanes S6 the rear anti roll bar really improves the body control when you start chucking it around in anger, something i want to add to the S4 at some stage.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thankyou for the suggestions where would I be able to get these camber plates from.
          Cheers Slim

Comment

koni shocks and eibach springs on my s6,can't fault them on road or track.Mine has 17's on and never had any issues with catching on speed bumps.

Your old s4 now has koni shocks and H + R springs on although I havn't been in it since the konis were fitted so can't comment on that setup.

You can make the camber plates fairly easily if you feel you need them,there is a drawing on the web somewhere of it

Comment

Originally posted by slim100s4 View Post
              Thankyou for the suggestions where would I be able to get these camber plates from.
              Cheers Slim
              Camber plates from 2Bennett.com here

http://2bennett.com/body_camber.plates.html

pretty expensive, although following the RWD19T fitting/evaluation of them, i'm thinking of getting a pair.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ber#post566992

let me know if you're thinking ordering some as maybe we could save some money on customs/fedex by doing it as one order?

Tom

Comment

We got away with ours without them, it does have more negative camber at the front that stock but its probably all the better for it.
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by urS6Tom View Post
                  Camber plates from 2Bennett.com here

http://2bennett.com/body_camber.plates.html

pretty expensive, although following the RWD19T fitting/evaluation of them, i'm thinking of getting a pair.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ber#post566992

let me know if you're thinking ordering some as maybe we could save some money on customs/fedex by doing it as one order?

Tom
                  there are some plates you can make which don't need a fully equipped cnc workshop,I would have thought urs4boy would know the link to them?

Comment

we try everithing on c3 and c4 audis. KW coilover, H&R springs, Eibach springs , sport shoch absorber.. now I can't remember everything what we try.
                    that all is **** !!!
                    friend went to one guy in Zagreb , and he calculated everithing and done new springs , and shoch absorber for his S6. now friend sayd that car is lik a train, when he drive faster than car is better and have much better filing on wheel.
                    this is some upside down tehnology .
                    this custom setup cost 1200euro.
                    I will do the same on my car at spring.

Comment

Originally posted by rs200 View Post
                      we try everithing on c3 and c4 audis. KW coilover, H&R springs, Eibach springs , sport shoch absorber.. now I can't remember everything what we try.
                      that all is **** !!!
                      friend went to one guy in Zagreb , and he calculated everithing and done new springs , and shoch absorber for his S6. now friend sayd that car is lik a train, when he drive faster than car is better and have much better filing on wheel.
                      this is some upside down tehnology .
                      this custom setup cost 1200euro.
                      I will do the same on my car at spring.
                      Any picture of that set?

Comment

Originally posted by fridtjov-audirs2 View Post
                        Any picture of that set?
                        I will postede picture of it when I saw it.
                        this my friend live 100km away from me. we didn't meet each other .
                        this conversation he done before 2 week maybe.

Comment

he sayd that car is not hard on some bumpers or bad road. they are still "soft" .
                          when he came with car on some nasty bumper on the road , car don't go up , car go down. this setup in every case hold car at the ground. if they drive faster car have better down forse. of course that is feeling. car is not lower for few cm .
                          he said that there where he live is one long curve road , before he could make it with 50-60km/h , and now he done it with 90km/h without any problem on WET ROAD.
                          he said when road will be dry at spring ,and summer tyres it could pass with 100-110km/h 100%

I beleve him , because he is my good friend , he would not said me a lie.

Comment

I run Bilstein B8's on mine and H&R springs with the 2bennet camber plates. I also run caravan spring assisters on the rear springs to stop bunny hopping on launch due to weight transfer. Car handles really well drives really nice wouldn't realise you had solid topmounts either.

My only moan is with less than 40k on the clock one of the rear springs is snapped in half and both front dampers started leaking after 30k miles. But she lives a hard life.
                            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

please can you post some pictures of all parts.. that I can compare with friends custom parts.
                              tnx

Comment

Working...
                              X